Thailand - Bangkok


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
March 25th 2009
Published: March 25th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Hello everybody,

Thought I would do one of these blog malarkies to keep everyone updated on what I am doing. Firstly, Mum, I am alive, healthy and have zero medical issues to report, malaria has thus far been kept at bay. Although the old mossies are trying their best!

Arrived in Bangkok mid afternoon last friday with Megan then meet up with the rest of the group (theres 12 of us in total) and went for a meal and a few drinks on Khao San road. Bangkok is pretty crazy but we had a good hotel near all the backpacker stuff. Was supposed to get an early night...but me and three of the others decided to check out the thai whiskey (Sangsom) bucket. The bar man came and started pouring in the whiskey, we thought he would just put a few shots in, but nope in went the whole bottle! Needless to say we stayed out all night after that.

Thanks to Mr. Jetlag didn't get much sleep that night but managed a full day of very touristy sightseeing in Bangkok on Saturday. Went riding in a tuk tuk where they stop at tailors and try and make you buy suits, we were just like er no thanks don't really need a suit in this weather (it is ridicously hot and humid). Then went on a water taxis, saw lots of temples and loooooooooooooots of Buddhas in various sizes and positions. Only been here like five days and have seen enough temples and Buddhas to last me a life time! Anyway it was Emma's birthday that day so went for a big meal with everybody and out in Bangkok again.

On Sunday we got a bus to where we will be staying for the next two weeks...


P.S Dad, before you say anything, I apologise for the poor grammar! I blame all the crazy thai kids playing video games in this internet cafe!



Advertisement



25th March 2009

Glad to hear you're well Banks! I am pretty concerned at the amount of sunbathing you will probably be doing though, I know you like the sun but make sure you use plenty of suncream, don't want your (lack of) guns getting burnt! I'm definitely not jealous either, I can't tell you how much fun I'm having working on my diss right now. So much better than being away travelling the world. Where did you get a bus to on Sunday!? Bad story telling! Have fun Banks! BYE x
25th March 2009

p.s. get as many photos as you can so we can do a 'Lady-boy... or not Lady-boy...that is the question' quiz when you get back!

Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0456s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb