Krabi to Bangkok


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
December 14th 2008
Published: December 14th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Our final day in Krabi started off with a trip to krabi bus terminal to book tickets for our return to bangkok. From there (with tickets in hand) we made our way to ao nang beach for the day. Again the sea was more of a lake and the water was nice and warm! We decided to spoil ourselves and after some time in the sun went for a thai massage. Was nice and relaxing. Could also get your heels shaved, an offer made to doug a number of times...

We gave into temptation and went to burger king for lunch. Different to steers but pretty tasty.

The following day (Friday) we just arbed around, played scrabble and passed time (supply shopping) until we got picked up for our bus trip back to bangkok.

The bus trip...was well....painfull! we had a mutant behind us so couldn't put the seats back at all. The seats were leather so you kept sliding off of them and the ride was crawling along making random stops for no particular reason. We found the government bus trips to be far better than this private tourist bus!

We arrived bright and early in bangkok at 6am (12.5 hours later) and made our way to asha guest house. We had to wait a little while to check in but once we had our room we went and slept for an hour or two, as no sleep was had during the bus trip.

After recharging our batteries we set off to see what bangkok shopping is all about. Starting in one huge market, chatuchak. This place is huge and just sprawls on for ever. It is devided into different secions which makes this a little easier to navigate though. Doug found tropical fish heaven with so much he wanted to buy, but no way to get it, legally, back to south africa...but we are working on it.

We then caught the sky train to siam square. The train is relly cool, arrives within 5 minutes, only stops for about 30 seconds and then drops you off, literally at the doors to the shopping centre. The malls themselves are awesome and huge. Its a world appart from the bangkok streets we experienced when we arrived! We did no shopping but just looked around at MBK, pratunam market, pantip plaza etc and will return later today for some shopping. We wil post some pictures when we can.

Thats al for now. Going to take the guest house bus to the market.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0369s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb