One night in Bangkok


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
December 22nd 2005
Published: December 24th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Bangkok City ScapeBangkok City ScapeBangkok City Scape

There was this awesome building shaped like an M & a few had big ads down the side
After waking up in Singapore Airport with a gigantic hangover, we booked our bags onto the plane and smashed a bit of Singaporean Burger King (or BGK). The flight to Bangkok with Air Asia was not the most comfortable deal in the world but it only took about an hour or so - with some light entertainment provided by some gag raffle and a talkative Canadian bloke. We touched down in Bangkok and went straight to MBK, the hugest shopping mall i've ever seen. There were shops everywhere, all basically selling the same thing. I think i would have been able to purchase a fire-breathing midget there was so much stuff there. However, they were probably on the 6th floor and we soon got sick of the endless rows of shops and gave up on the 4th floor. I got a pair of jeans ($20 AUD) and some sunnies and loads of shirts ($5 AUD). You could haggle down the price as well which was always a bit of a laugh.

Following this, we got in a tuk tuk and headed to Kao Sahn Road - which was pretty hard to explain to the driver who took us to the
Burty in his elementBurty in his elementBurty in his element

Shopping in MBK, we came across this little number. Very toight.
Hyatt (??). The trip took about an hour in heavy traffic and some crazy driving. We booked into the Donna Guesthouse (just off the main drag - around $7 AUD a night) which was nice and clean / quiet. We lost burty, alex & arno who booked in somewhere else. Funily enough, after heading out onto the main strip and sampling the local night life, we managed to run into the boys at one of the pubs. The streets were lined with shops and food stalls. We had a (semi) early night after some revolting cocktails (2 for the price of 1). Our plane for Chang Mai left early so we woke up around 6am and got a taxi to the airport.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Tuk Tuk to Kao Sahn RoadTuk Tuk to Kao Sahn Road
Tuk Tuk to Kao Sahn Road

Silly driving through Bangkok. This trip seemed like it lasted a life time.
Some StatueSome Statue
Some Statue

Don't know what the hell this is for, but it sure does look cool.
Kao Sahn RoadKao Sahn Road
Kao Sahn Road

I left my heart to the sappers round, Kao Sahn. Not quite, but yeah.
Me ShoppingMe Shopping
Me Shopping

This shirt cost me about $5 AUD. I think i'm in heaven.


Tot: 0.191s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0416s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb