Bangkok!!


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
July 21st 2008
Published: July 21st 2008
Edit Blog Post

Let the journey BEGIN..... Bangkok!!



Yo Guys! Welcome to our page of utter nonsense.... We love you all (Most of our friends and family anyway!)

We arrived on time with no problems... well except this austrian kid on the plane who gave us some grief!! anyway.

We've been staying in the HI-Far East Inn Co., Ltd..only 7.50 a night each. Pretty basic, but has aircon etc..

We have seen many sights already.. and met many nice people 😊 This morning we visited temples in west Bangkok... they were pretty amazing! We have also visited the sunday market in Mo Chit, very crowded! Our first taste of the local nighlife was in a place called Nana, we had been recommended by the hotel staff and many others... however when we arrived there we were greeted and screamed at by many young scary thai girls... so we ran in the opposite direction and found what we thought was a safe looking bar, for the most part it was, however it was full of seedy old europeans with thai chicks! on our stroll home we found a quality roof top bar, with a live thai punk band... it was AWESOME!!!!!

Our second night out..we went to khao san road, it was full of europeans and backpackers...so more our thing really. After a few drinks in the petrol station forecourt (see pics to believe), we met some people our age at a 'whiskey bucket' bar on the street. They invited us to tag along to a 'ping pong' show in Pat Pong. It was one of the worst things we've ever seen and the less said the better!!
We ended up going home in a Tuk-Tuk with 5 people..see pics...and then slept on their floor! Worst sleep ever..but another awesome night!

We've booked up the rest of our stay in Thailand from a government run tourist office..this includes going to Chaing Mai and trekking there..then to the south and the islands of Ko Samoui, Phi Phi and Phuket etc. All accom and transport incl. a flight came to around 25,000Baht for 3 weeks..around 375.00 pounds!!

The next leg of our journey is Chaing Mai..we're getting the overnight train at 6pm today...

We hope you are all well, and having a great time without us!!

Much Love

Oscar and Stu 😉


Additional photos below
Photos: 23, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



22nd July 2008

yo
hey! wow looks like u have done loads already, hope u are having a good time. mum has tidies ur room already and sterilized it too. wot are u doing next then how was the jungle trip? going down to dartmouth on sunday so should be fun not quite as exciting as you though well take care love nat and mum and pepsi xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx p.s photos are kool!
24th July 2008

U r wrong
She is not the Thai Queen mum, she is the King's elder sister

Tot: 0.092s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0488s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb