Mad, crazy and slightly shifty Bangkok


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
June 24th 2008
Published: June 24th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We arrived in Bangkok train station after a VERY and I mean VERY long journey back from Koh Samui, oh how nice it would be to be rich and fly!! But nope, us peasants have to make do and get on the longest means of transport neccessary, but its all in the fun isnt it?!

We left the Jungle Club after a wicked night the night before. There was a wedding on during the day so at night some fire dancers turned up for a bit of entertainment and entertain they did! The way these 2 men were flinging fire stick things around youd expect them to be covered in burns and somewhat resemble the elephant man. But no, they were normal looking, had every limb and not a scar in sight.

That lasted an hour or so, Phil was very happy as he got to take some brillaint pictures and I was happy to sit back relax and look over the bay of Chaweng from a great height.

We then lit 'balloons' which are basically really big lanterns (like the Chinese have) which they light a parrafin square in the middle, you hold it until it is really full of hot air, and slightly burning your fingers and then when Ang (the man who works there) says you let go and off it goes up into the sky.

They are so pretty and go so high that they start to look like stars. After a couple of failed attempts by other guests, one going into the tree and nearly catching fire, and another falling into the swimming pool! The night was a success. We were also given a free cocktail by the owner which I thought was really nice .

We finally made it to Bangkok, after a very restless night on the train. I swear that it feels like its going to come off the tracks, and Im sure Ive mentioned before how frustrating it is being on a train that goes at fast as I can run, which believe me isnt very fast!!!

We eventually arrived at Khao San Road. We found our hotel easy enough (Shambara Boutique), had a lovely sleep until we were rudely awaken by some crazy couple shouting and screaming at each other at 4am......

Today we just bummed around in the nearest park by the river, which as we were standing outside we're told it was closed, even though it was obvious there were people inside.

We lied as well (ah ha not the only ones who can tell a tale!) and said we'd already been there. We were then told (after saying fine we'll just walk down the river) that the river was closed!!! Hmmmm...

So Bangkok is slightly getting on my nerves, but the rest of the country is beautiful and the people are great.

Back home on Thursday, which Im kind of looking forward to. I think because when you get to the last couple of days of a holiday youve done everything you want to do, bought everything you can possibly buy and theres nothing else to do. Saying that if I were still on Koh Samui I wouldnt be wanting my bed quite so much, but alas I am not.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.159s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 73; dbt: 0.0673s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb