Paradise Found


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
May 31st 2008
Published: May 31st 2008
Edit Blog Post

What an amazing past month it feels as though we have had a holiday from travelling living in absolute luxury at shouldn't be allowed prices.

Ko Phi Phi when it wasn't raining was amazing with some of the most perfect beaches imaginable and a number of good bars. One of the bars had a muay thai ring in which you could fight people for free alcohol. Muay thai is basically a no rules thai version of kickboxing where everything from knees to elbows are allowed. Since being in Thailand we have seen a number of fights some of which were really quite intense with knockouts and fighters as young as 9 going full out with no fear. Anyway Paul and i had a good fight in this bar but it ended as a tie and we woke up the next day very sore and Paul had a massively swollen foot.

From Phi Phi we went to Koh Lanta which although not as pretty was alot more chilled out and relaxed with far less people. Here we stayed in a bungalow beach hut made of bamboo. Every night was spent in a bar where the locals played thai reggae on acoustics and gave fire shows. Again there was rain at least for a short while every day but as with Phi Phi when the sun came out it was bliss.

We then had a brief spell in Krabi but didn't like it so left fairly swiftly

From here we went to Ko Phang Nang on the east coast where the weather remained immaculate. Here really was party central with a whole beach designated to dj's of different genres and rows of stalls selling "buckets", literally a bucket filled with a lethal concoction of a bottle of whisky or vodka, red bull or some other energy drink and coke. Here we stayed in luxury with an amazing pool and private beach. It was also here where the infamous full moon party took place and people came in their thousands to party all night and well into the next day. Here they had a huge skipping rope that was set on fire, a fire limbo and ring of fire which countless people really injured themselves on.

Next stop was Koh Tao where we stayed in a beach bungalow on the beach in such a beautiful area. Here we did a scuba diving course and became certified divers. Apparently Koh Tao has some of the best diving in the world and is the cheapest and 2nd most popular place to do a dive course in the world. Here we saw phenomenal corals, fish of every size, shape and colour as well as a number of other things including a stingray. Unfortunately though we were not lucky enough to see any turtles or whale sharks.

We are now back in Bangkok and about to make our way to Cambodia and start doing proper travelling again. I have definitely got used to the holiday life style and so it might be hard to get back into the sightseeing again. It will however be alot better on my wallet as the budgeting has lapsed a bit since being in Thailand and the islands are considerably more expensive then India or Nepal

Advertisement



Tot: 0.046s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0271s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb