Bangkok!!!!


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
February 4th 2008
Published: February 4th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Noodle Bowls & Sticky Rice-Street Food Rocks!Noodle Bowls & Sticky Rice-Street Food Rocks!Noodle Bowls & Sticky Rice-Street Food Rocks!

This was our second stop at a street food stand, but it definitely won't be our last!
So after a pretty uneventful 23 hours of traveling, Nolan and I finally made it to Bangkok. Jenny was there to meet us at the airport and we got a taxi into the city. We must have gotten the grumpiest cabbie in all of Thailand. The land of 1,000 smiles, yea right. He was very put out about giving us a ride and continously sighed the entire way to downtown. He was a real jerk!

Our hotel is awesome! It is brand new, but in a great part of town. Our room is supernice-very luxurious. After we dropped off our bags, we headed out to experience some Bangkok nightlife. We took a cab to Jenny's favorite hang out spot: Khao San Road, which is known for a lot of backpackers; think Bourbon Street. Most of the bars were already closed because it was late. We were walking through an alley and found a man frying chicken. Seriously. We decided to give it a try and got 1/2 a chicken and sticky rice for $2. Next we found a noodle stand and shared three bowls of noodles with pork; another $2. So our first dinner for three cost a whopping $4!
Bucket of WhiskeyBucket of WhiskeyBucket of Whiskey

Well, I guess it's more economical then shots.
And it was more food then we could eat.

We found a open air bar that was still open and had a few beers. We tried Singha, the local Thai beer, and Tiger a beer from Singapore. Nolan wanted to do shots of the local Thai whiskey, but they only sold it in buckets. No really, in buckets. We got a bucket for the table, with ice, soda, and three straws. It was almost four in the morning by then, so we went our separate ways. Nolan felt weird leaving his little sister alone in Bangkok, but this is her town. We finally fell asleep at about 6 in the morning! It was a great first night in Bangkok!


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

With Jenny, Doing it BigWith Jenny, Doing it Big
With Jenny, Doing it Big

We found a bar that was still open late.


5th February 2008

spicy
Dassomestickeeerice......wonder if Tiger tastes better in asia?

Tot: 0.037s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0199s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb