Remember remember...


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
November 6th 2007
Published: November 6th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Khao san roadKhao san roadKhao san road

very hectic and very different to everywhere else in bangkok that we went to, lots of westerners!
....the 6th of November! turns out it was a lucky day to have our first full day in Thailand - It's a national holiday, the day Buddha was born and died, and so we were able to get into all the temples for free! The temples were amazing, massive solid gold Buddhas and one that was over 30 metres high! Also goverment made it so that a Tuk Tuk (easily the craziest form of transport i've been on!) was only 20 Bhat (30p!!) for basically as long as you needed him, he stopped and waited, although he also took us to a tailors and a jewellers - we made good use of the phrase "we'll think about it"!

It's been a definate culture shock. along some parts you can walk ages without seeing a westerner, especially down at the MBK, a big modern shopping centre we went to this evening, i've never felt quite so lofty! Khao san road is very different, lots of tourist, very lively and locals around here are noticably less wealthy. Food has been really cheep, i had freshly made roast duck and pork with veg and rice, a favourite at work on a friday lunch time, for less than a pound for tea today!

We are heading down to Phuket on the night bus tomorrow - 12 hrs 😞 . and its raining! not happy bunnies!

hope everyone is well.

Lofty/David


Advertisement



6th November 2007

We-en
Glad you got there safely bud. Make sure you post a picture of just how much more lofty you are than the locals ;)

Tot: 0.032s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0151s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb