Asian Cup 2007 - Thailand Vs Iraq


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
July 7th 2007
Published: July 7th 2007
Edit Blog Post


Tonights source of entertainment was the start of the Asian cup in the form of Thailand Vs Iraq. The heavens opened a few hours before the game and me and John had our doubts as to whether or not the game would still be on. But as we approached the stadium despite all the roads surrounding the stadium being heavily flooded up to at least a foot deep in places the game was still to proceed.

Now having paid the highest amount for seats in the house and being in the second row from the pitch we was expecting to have a pretty dandy view of the game. Couldn't have been more wrong, they might as well have blind folded us, the view was more than just restricted, it was pure shit, a joke some might say. We was on the sideline exposed to the forces of nature, all along the sideline directly in front of us obscurring about 85% of our view was the subsitute boxes, we could see one goal and up to about the 18 yard box at one end of the of the pitch and a little bit in the middle of the park.

Then you take a good look around and see people that probably paid not even half the price we paid for tickets and they have great views and shelter from the elements. The turnout to the game however was awful, probably not even 6,000 which is surprising considering the size of Bangkok. Most there to support Thailand but there was a modest hanful of Iraqi supporters. So with the abundance of empty seats we opted for a change of scenary and found the near perfect view of the pitch out of the rain. The atmosphere was fair but for an opening game to a tournament a little weak at the knees. But this in turn without trying to sound like a snob coincided with the level of football on offer.

As a whole not to much to write home about, Thailand were given a bit of luck inside the first five minutes being awarded a very dodgy penalty decision which they converted successfully. The Iraqi's were bigger and stronger and you expected them to do better than they did, It was almost as if they ran out of steam. They did manage to pull a well worked goal back before the break though. Thailand kept on plugging away in the 2nd half and were unlucky not to have clinched a winner. Instead the match finished evens:

Thailand 1-1 Iraq.

PS: Two other things to add:

1. Is that I have discovered thanks to Johns girlfriend Abbie Green Pea crisps, they are epic, crisps.....made from peas, simple as that!

2. I've learnt how to add videos to this thing, check them out.

3. I've lost my favourtie hoody that I acquired from my first Reading Festival in 2000. Not Happy.



Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.134s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 14; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0697s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb