One night in Bangkok and the world's your oyster


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
April 1st 2007
Published: April 1st 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hi, folks.

Well, after the freezing cold of Beijing Bangkok was a stark shock to the system. Instant baking heat greeted us once we had stepped off the plane.
Jim, a friend of Bri's brother's met us at the airport and took us to our hotel in On Nut where we chilled out for a while and got used to life in Thailand. A couple of (very cheap) Thai massages later and Linz and I were ready to move on to Khao san road and five nights watching knocked off DVDs, munching truly awesome street food and chatting to fellow travellers (including Amy, a Canadian whom we last met in Aurangabad, India!) over a beverage or two, getting the low down on where to head.
On several people's suggestion we headed to Koa Chang yesterday where the scenery is unbelievable. Lonely beach (Hat Tha Nam) is a very chilled out resort, crawling with backpackers and Linz and I have been well and truly baked since we got here. The sea is the temperature of bath water (if a overly populated with little jellyfish) and the colour of turquoise (gorgeous).
Tomorrow we are due to head out on a four island snorkelling trip before heading over to Cambodia, the following day, where we have been instructed that Angkor Wat is a sight to behold. (Linz and I were pretty drunk that night after a few too many Changs and some crazy travellers convinced us that it was good idea.....we shall see).

We're both a little sun burnt and mosquito bitten but otherwise fine (constant lathering of Aloe Vera and Witch-hazle is doing a grand job).

Take care,

Bri and Linz


Advertisement



Tot: 0.058s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0373s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb