Bangkok


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
February 14th 2007
Published: February 14th 2007
Edit Blog Post

And so it begins... after a fantastic 20 hour or so jouney sitting behind some annoying people who insisted on putting the chair as far back in my face as possible we arrived in Bangkok.

After navigating our way to Khao San road, our first of many times being ripped off by a taxi, we arrived in our 'luxurious' ghest house on Khao San road. After staying there for 2 days it was time to move away from it just round the corner to a nice quiet place with a pool etc which was so much nicer.

Bangkok was wicked, met up with some cool people to hang out with and did the usual touristy things... The Grand Palace, Reclining Budha, Chuta-Chuck market. We hung around for a few days waiting for the Chinese New Year celebrations, expecting to see a massive parade with dragons and fireworks, instead after waiting for about 5 hours one day, the Thai Princess walked by surrounded by body guards - that was it, great way to spend a day! Apparently it meant something to the Thai people as they all went a bit crazy when she went past, I didn't know what all the fuss was about to tell the truth!

Apart from that, I pretty much spent most of the nights here getting pissed and checking out all the lady boys, fun times!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.046s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0295s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb