Away to Thailand!


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
November 12th 2021
Published: November 14th 2021
Edit Blog Post

We're finally off to another trip! After two years stuck because of COVID...

This time it's just Gilat and I, off to Siam!

Getting here is NOT straightforward! We needed proof of vaccinations, PCR tests, special quarantine hotel ordered and more tests paid for. The check-in staff at Ben Gurion airport was unprepared, didn't know what forms they had to check so the process was a bit nightmarish. Still, we flew Gulf Air via Bahrain, a comfortable flight. There was actually space between my knees and the seat in front of mine!

At Bahrain airport we went through another quick security check, then waited almost 4 hours for our next flight. Don't buy anything at the Bahrain airport if you're not a millionaire!

Bahrain to Bangkok was smooth and uneventful. And Bangkok airport is efficient! They sat everyone from the plane in two rows of seats (no crowding a desk), and moved down the line, checking everyone's papers (vaccinations, tests, bookings). Then on to luggage claim and out!

Had to wait a while for the hotel pickup, but no biggie.

We got to our room and into quarantine at about noon. Later that afternoon they
Our first 'No Durians' sign!Our first 'No Durians' sign!Our first 'No Durians' sign!

Gotta try a durian, just to see what the fuss is about!
called us for our PCR test, and we got or all clear the following morning. In between they brought us food, which was terrible, and we ordered out, which was good.

Going for a much needed night's sleep, and tomorrow we'll explore Bangkok!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Better dinnerBetter dinner
Better dinner

Hot, fresh, spicy and tasty!


Tot: 0.097s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0697s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb