ayutthaya / no posts for another week


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Ayutthaya
June 1st 2008
Published: June 1st 2008
Edit Blog Post

hi guys - i wont be able to write til next saturday because of various temple visits and what not - so i havent gone missing i just wont be able to get on a comp for a little while!

yesterday we went to ayutthaya which is reffered to as the second capital of thailand. The whole day was incredible. in the morning we saw various ruins which were formed when the thailand people had a fight with the burmese a few hundred years back. then in the afternoon we went to elephant village, where there were so many elephants... in a village. they all seemed pretty friendly and we managed to get close up to a few. in the morning we had also gone for an elephant ride, me and ben had a very slow elephant and we kept on getting overtook by other ones - nonetheless it was an interesting experience. in the evening we went out on a boat trip and did some karaoke - my interpretations of billie jean and a little bit of i will survive will have no doubt put the original artists to shame.

then back at the bar at the eco house i saw a scorpion. to make sure i wasnt too drunk and seeing things i took a picture. i have eyes of an eagle (see below hopefully, i might run out of time before i have a chance to upload them)

sorry for the lack of videos - they take a while to upload - will put some up when i have a few hours spare. today we are just having a much deserved lazy day by the pool.

ciao for now brown cow

jon

Advertisement



Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0341s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb