Paradise @ Sealuv Homestay 真情非凡行馆 , Yilan (16th April 2014)


Advertisement
Taiwan's flag
Asia » Taiwan » Yilan County
April 16th 2014
Published: May 31st 2014
Edit Blog Post

Wednesday, 16th April 2014

After spending three days in Taitung (with one full day lying on the bed), we were now ready to embark on the next phase of our journey to Yilan. Previously, I had only passed by the county on my way to Hualien. This was our first travel encounter to experience the very best from this part of Taiwan.

My body was now fit enough to travel even though the persistent virus did continue on & off over the next two days before it made a full recovery. From Taitung, we travelled 325km north towards Toucheng and arrived after 3.30pm. Kevin, one of the sons from the homestay was already waiting for us at the train station.

Everyone planning a vacation in Yilan should stay at Sealuv Homestay if they could. Granted that the prices at this homestay was on a high side. This was probably one of the top places to embrace the familiar Taiwanese hospitality at their very best.

With its seafront location and unbeatable views of the Turtle Island, Sealuv was an attraction of its own. Staying at one of their Mediterranean-inspired lofts along Wai-ao Beach probably transported the three of us to the Greek Islands of Santorini & Mykonos.

By dusk and feeling well-rested , we took a train to Luodong where the very popular night market of the same name was located. Getting to the night market from the train station took about 15 minutes and it was a shame that my stomach was still not strong enough to savour the delicious Taiwanese snacks on offer.

Nevertheless, Yilan was a really pleasant encounter for the three of us as we retired for the night accompanied by the soothing symphony from the Pacific Ocean.

Good night!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.114s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0787s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb