Jiaming Lake


Advertisement
Taiwan's flag
Asia » Taiwan » Taitung
June 3rd 2009
Published: June 3rd 2009
Edit Blog Post

We were on the way to the Jiaming Lake but we failed. Our luck was only to see a sea of clouds, not Jiaming Lake.

We joined the tour for three days with Baoke this holiday. We 8 people and the guide Baoke drove down to the south and the rain flew to the south. Jiaming Lake is famous for its beautiful and mysterious lake. It is full of legends and ghost stories. We were supposed to visit the lake and climb two more peaks. The night we camped it rained a lot. The wind was strong too. Our tents were drown. Our sleeping bags were so wet, too wet to sleep. Baoke taught us to bake these bags. It was the first time I baked a sleeping bag and I knew there was a way to dry a bag. Baoke moved in the tent and jammed with four girls. In the middle of the night our bags got wet again, I didn’t sit up whatever happened. The bag was wet outside but dried inside so it was comfortable enough to go on sleeping.

The next day, the guide decided to go down. We ate the food as much as we could to lessen the weight of our backpacks.

The way to Jiaming Lake is simple, next to Mt. Jade, but the way is changing over and over. It is not always simple. We can’t decide the weather, but we can decide ourselves. We decide not to insist against the weather. We decide to save our lives, to live on, to go down the mountains.

See more photos on Jiaming Lake.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0427s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb