DNC Delegation


Advertisement
Taiwan's flag
Asia » Taiwan » Taipei
June 26th 2007
Published: June 26th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Leah Our LeaderLeah Our LeaderLeah Our Leader

Leah Daughtery in the middle with Eliseo on the left and Marilyn on the right. Leah is the CEO of the next DNC Convention in Denver; among many other things...
(I have posted a couple more entries below this one and have added a number of pictures to the old posts...)

Today after we visited the American Institute in Taiwan, we had four other meetings with: The Bureau of National Health Insurance (very impressive), the Taipei County Governor, the Executive Director of the American Chamber of Commerce in Taipei, and the Director of the Department of Overseas Affairs for the KMT political party.

All of the meeting were very informative, but I look forward most to telling you about the meeting at the Health Insurance Bureau. That will have to wait until tomorrow.

For now, though, I thought I should introduce you to my fellow DNC travelers.

Leah Daughtery
Mark Bryant
Jeanette Council
Marilyn Brown
Mary Ellen Early
Johnnie Patton
Eliseo Roques
Me
Lauren Wolfe
Jason Rae.

I listed them in that order because that is the seating arrangement at every meeting we go to that is arranged. Other than Leah, our leader, the we are seated in age order. That was a revelation during the 3rd or 4th meeting today.

I will tell you about each of these wonderful people in more detail later, but for now, here are some pictures...


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Jason MaJason Ma
Jason Ma

Jason is our guide on the trip and organized our meetings. He works for the would-be embassy from Taiwan to the U.S., the Taipei Economic and Cultural Representative Office.
JohnnieJohnnie
Johnnie

She is a Pharmacist and enjoyed our visit to the Health Insurance Bureau.


Tot: 0.251s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 6; qc: 49; dbt: 0.1291s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb