Taipei


Advertisement
Taiwan's flag
Asia » Taiwan » Taipei
October 17th 2006
Published: November 5th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Taipei 101Taipei 101Taipei 101

The tallest buliding in the world with the fastest elevator. It only took us 30 seconds to reach the top
Taipei is one city that i didnt think that i was going to enjoy much as it was just a stop over and I didnt really expect much out of it. The city is huge and there are scooters and people everywhere. So far we have done soo much exploring trying to fit everything into the 4 days we have here.

The first day we were here we walked all over and went to Taipei 101. It is the tallest buliding in the world with the fastest elevator. It only took us about 20-25 seconds to get up 101 floors it was so fast! After that we went to a really crazy night market with endless shopping and very strange foods. The chinese are not afriad of eating any part of any animal. Its quite disturbing. There were snakes on the ground waiting to be served as well as many other items we couldnt even recognize. The second day we did alot of walking around and looking at all the temples. You can just be walking down the street and all of a sudden a huge temple will appear out of no where. And behind that one will be another
Taipei by nightTaipei by nightTaipei by night

Oh what a sight!
3 temples. Last night we went to another night market it was way bigger and crazier than the night before. You can buy anything from clothes to shoes to jewlery for very cheap! It is about 3-5 dollars for a pair of jeans or a pair of shoes. Today we are going to go to a mountain area with a beach and hotsprings and just relax and get out of the city.

The people in taipei are all very helpful...whenever we are looking lost someone will come up to us and ask if we need help although they cant speak english they still manage to try and help us. This city is very modern compared to alot of the other cities we are going to so it is a nice start to our trip.

We had a good experience having a chinese lunch. It was a BBQ that was in the middle of our table and we just got up and choose all the different things we want to stirfry together, then make a dipping sauce out of random spices and vegetables. It was quite the experience because we had noo idea what was what and how to cook it so the restaurant employees helped us out the whole way. When dessert time came the BBQ that used to be hot was turned down to a freezing cold temperature. They then poured in two cups of liquid and we learned how to make our own chocolate icecream! If they would have left us to do this on our own we probably would have froze our meat and boiled our icecream! It has been a great time in taipei although a bit more expensive than we would have liked. We are off to Thailand tomorrow and meeting up with alisha on saturday! Cant wait!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.109s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 66; dbt: 0.0782s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.2mb