Sun Moon Lake


Advertisement
Taiwan's flag
Asia » Taiwan » Taichung
July 14th 2007
Published: July 14th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Karaoke Bus of DoomKaraoke Bus of DoomKaraoke Bus of Doom

Sure it looks nice, but on the way back we listened to karaoke...for 2 hours. It was, to put it plainly, Hell on Earth.
Today we went to Sun Moon Lake. We somehow acquired a private tour bus and drove there. We had enough people to completely fill the bus. It was a pretty comfortable bus...until the ride back. More on that later.

We took a tour around Sun Moon Lake asian style. We drove to the first place (sun moon lake) and took pictures. Then we got back on the bus and drove for 20 minutes up tight, twisty mountain roads. Though not near any cliffs, it was still an...interesting ride. We arrived at our next destination, which happened to be a place to eat. We had reservations at this place called the Sun Moon Lake Youth Center, or something like that. After lunch, we backtracked and stopped at this temple-like place we had passed on the way to lunch. That provided some great photos, though the weather had started to fog over at that point.

Next stop on our tour was to the Aboriginal Culture Park. Much like Native American casinos, it had nothing to do with culture. It was still plenty of fun though, as it was an amusement park. I went on a roller coaster ride twice, which was pretty scary. I haven't been on a roller coaster since I was 6...I think. If I have been on one since then, I probably blocked it out. The first ride I didn't open my eyes. The second time 'round I did, but I was somewhat queasy after. Aw well. We walked around and went on other rides and took lots of pictures. As we were leving we caught an Aboriginal/Brazilian culture festival near the front gate. Let me tell you, it's an odd combo of cultures, and the end results are strange.

Ok, back the bus for the ride home...Everything was going great, or as great as they could be with me feeling queasy and tired and wanting to sleep on the bus...Anyway, everything was fine until dun dun dun, we discovered the bus was completely rigged for lots of karaoke 'fun'. Things quickly went south from there. While some people enjoyed it, being stuck on a bus for 2 hours being forced to listen to karaoke made it the Bus Ride from Hell. After the Bus Ride from Hell was over, we fle d from it as fast as our tired legs could carry us.


Two announcements: 1)Be sure to subscribe to my journal so you get emails when I update.
2)Check out www.lifewithmeghan.myphotoalbum.com
3) Be sure to leave a comment!!! 😊


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Statue Statue
Statue

A statue at a temple we passed on the way to Sun Moon Lake


16th July 2007

Hi Meg, Great pics here.I do not envy you the bus ride.Queasy would be an understatement.No to any roller coaster for me.Good looking buses though.
17th July 2007

You look small on thsoe steps! And the mountains. haha What a view. :)

Tot: 0.134s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 9; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0982s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb