Taiwan - 5 day tour - Day 1 and 2


Advertisement
Taiwan's flag
Asia » Taiwan » Kaohsiung
October 29th 2013
Published: November 15th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Sun Moon LakeSun Moon LakeSun Moon Lake

Beautiful every day
Nǐ hǎo!

Hello from Taiwan

My five day tour of Taiwan was booked through Viatour and conducted by Edison Tours out of Taipei. The Itinery below is copied from the Viatour website and there were only minor variations. The tour is excellent value. 5 star hotels all the way and 5 star service from our tour guide Sampson and driver Jackie. There were 37 very nice passengers on the bus from various countries. I can recommend the tour as an excellent way to view the scenic and culinary highlights of Taiwan. I learned much about the history of Taiwan from our tour guide and his care for everyone on the tour was at the highest level.

I have never stayed in 5 star hotels and it is something that I could easily get used to. Apparently the government and the hotels help with the tarrifs which otherwise would make it impossible to stay at such quality hotels for the very reasonable cost of the tour.

The general cost of food in restaurants and at stores is far less than Australia. Street food is everywhere and very delicious. There are thousands of 7 shops in Taiwan so easy
Sun Moon LakeSun Moon LakeSun Moon Lake

Sorry, caught him by surprise
to buy snacks and drinks. A great aspect of the tour is the highways overlook most of the countryside so you get a birds eye view of the scenery.

Itinerary
Day 1: Taipei – Sun Moon Lake
You’ll be picked up at your hotel in Taipei for a drive south to Sun Moon Lake, located in the lofty mountains of central Taiwan about 2,500 feet (762 meters) above sea level.

Around the lake – the largest body of water in Taiwan -- stop at Wenwu Temple or Literature Warrior Temple, dedicated to Confucius and Kuan Ti, the Protector of Buddhism. You’ll also visit Holy Monk Shrine and Tse-En Pagoda. Proceed to your hotel for check-in and relax in the nearby natural hot springs.

Overnight: 5-star Fleur De Chine or similar near Sun Moon Lake

Day 2: Sun Moon Lake – Kaohsiung (B)
After breakfast at the hotel, drive to Fo Guang Shan Monastery, one of the most famous Buddhist sites in southern Taiwan. Here, take a walking tour to learn about Buddhist culture. Communicate with some of the monks and nuns during a visit to the Main Shrine, where you will find a massive Buddha statue, and feel free to eat a traditional vegetarian lunch here (own expense).

Afterward, drive to Kaohsiung, the second-largest city in Taiwan. Stop at Former British Consulate, pass by Love River (Ai River), and stroll through Lio Ho Night Market.

Overnight: 5-star Grand Hi-Lai Hotel in Kaohsiung or similar

There are 50 photos. Click on each photo to get a larger view.


Additional photos below
Photos: 50, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

5-star Fleur De Chine 5-star Fleur De Chine
5-star Fleur De Chine

wow - excellent - my first 5 star hotel
Ready for the spaReady for the spa
Ready for the spa

The spas and pools take up an entire floor and it is huge - you need a swimming cap in the pools
5-star Fleur De Chine5-star Fleur De Chine
5-star Fleur De Chine

Nice room - good start to the tour
Spa tub in my roomSpa tub in my room
Spa tub in my room

I had a spa bath in the morning and looked out at the view


Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 12; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0549s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb