<<回台湾走走2011>> - Arrival @ Mirador Hotel Kaohsiung


Advertisement
Taiwan&#039;s flag
Asia » Taiwan » Kaohsiung
May 17th 2011
Published: June 6th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Tuesday, 17th May 2011


We decided to have an early lunch at Paper King (纸箱王) Restaurant before leaving Cing Jing even though our stomaches were still full from the heavy buffet breakfast this morning. The food offerings were limited and the pricing was somewhat expensive for Taiwanese standards. What made 纸箱王 stood out from the crop was that the furnishings and the cutleries used in the restaurant were made of paper products. This unique attraction was certainly a selling point on its own.

By 12pm, our driver Mr Zhou had arrived to pick us up for our journey to the city of Kaohsiung, some 150km away. Certainly, I was going to miss my short stay in Cing Jing for its cool weather, the fresh mountain breeze as well as the comfy homestay experience.

As we journeyed on towards the southern part of the country, the rainy weather continued to follow us throughout the day. After a brief stop at Sinying Rest Station, we popped by at the city of Tainan to attend some history lessons at Chikan Tower and Anping Fort. The city would certainly appeal to all travellers who are interested in the country’s rich history. This was afterall the former capital with all the relics dutifully preserved.

Without a doubt, no visits to Tainan would be complete without a delicious serving of the original >. Thumbs up!

After all the stopovers and traffic jams, we finally reached our hotel in Kaohsiung just after 7.30pm this evening. Check-in was smooth and the hotel benefited from having easy access to the Central Park Metro Station. Certain concerns were pointed out and these definitely affected the overall experience.

Our final stop for the day was a visit to the Liuhe Tourist Night Market for our dinner. I wouldn’t recommend a second visit for its limited and lack lustre offerings even though Liuhe would rightfully be on the top priority of every tourist’s radar in Kaohsiung City.

I just hoped that others would prove my critics wrong even though this was highly impossible. Afterall, there were many better night markets out there.


Driver Details

We were generally satisfied with the services of our driver we engaged for our journey from Taichung to Kaohsiung. We liked that he was patient and careful with his driving and he was never pushy in his services. In case you are looking for one reliable cabbie in Taiwan, I've included his contact details below.

Mr Zhou Wenbin (周文彬)
Capacity : 7 Seater (飞狗 Group, based in Taichung City)
Tel: 0982-091545




Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.127s; Tpl: 0.02s; cc: 9; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0834s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb