Visiting in Kaoshiung


Advertisement
Taiwan's flag
Asia » Taiwan » Kaohsiung
September 5th 2007
Published: September 5th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Taipei 101Taipei 101Taipei 101

This is a memorable pix..so tho' this is a journal about both kaoshiung ..who could resist having fun at Taipei 101..an engineering feat..*grin
We r finally at Kaoshiung..yep..myself, my bro and his family visiting 2nd sis. We bunked into her flat..er...i mean condo and had a fabulous 3 days there. Check out the sights and sounds of Kaoshiung...i was impressed with the service of the locals...yep..it is indeed a change from prc and hong kong..the cabbies and sales staff..are pretty courteous..and of course it helps that we can speak mandarin and hokkien to them..Er...it's called "tai ge" or in simple hokkien..means "Taiwanese language"...needless to say, it brings back memories for my bro as he was last in taiwan for his army training...hmmm...let's just say...eons eons ago...and he was really speaking the language well! Let's the pix speaks for themselves. It's immersion time for my nephews and niece who don't speak in mandarin or hokkien much!


Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

"Ban Tiao"..a specialty"Ban Tiao"..a specialty
"Ban Tiao"..a specialty

We ate lunch at a hakka restaurant..where there's local fare such as "ban tiao"..hmmm delicious, pig's trotters, vegetables etc..
Having Soya bean drink and You tiaoHaving Soya bean drink and You tiao
Having Soya bean drink and You tiao

At the neighbourhood "dou jiang you tiao" store...the ubiquitous must eat when u visit taiwan...it's quite nice..
Street crossing at KaoshiungStreet crossing at Kaoshiung
Street crossing at Kaoshiung

We were at ming quan lu and roads here are pretty wide and traffic..hmmm...let's just say quite similar to China..they can do u-turn any time..it's pretty flexible:)
My sis My sis
My sis

At the dining table..it's summer time..so temperatures are around 32-33 deg celcius. Short sleeves and bermudas are a must to survive in this temp!
Enroute to Ikea and CarrefourEnroute to Ikea and Carrefour
Enroute to Ikea and Carrefour

My sis house is only 15 min away from these places...which is so convenient. This is the new MRT station which is situated at the park across her apartment.
At the Hakka VillageAt the Hakka Village
At the Hakka Village

The kids have fun playing with the toy boat..
The three "chi"s..The three "chi"s..
The three "chi"s..

it's been a long time since we last took a pix together :)
Recyling is big in TaiwanRecyling is big in Taiwan
Recyling is big in Taiwan

It was an eye opener to me that the supermarkets do not give u foc plastic bags..and most people bring their own bags..plus the rubbish is packed and sorted into different types at my sis place....here at the hakka village is no different!
Fun at pumping waterFun at pumping water
Fun at pumping water

Christabel having a go at the water pump!
At the mountainAt the mountain
At the mountain

posing with the three beautiful kids :)
handsome punk eh?handsome punk eh?
handsome punk eh?

yo yo with his new hairdo! Hope it was not a case of a bad hair day*grin
like mother like sonlike mother like son
like mother like son

ama after his haircut :)
Dream mallDream mall
Dream mall

the biggest mall in taiwan..and it's in Kaoshiung. The ferris wheel was a pretty good way to see the whole city of kaoshiung..and it's at the top of a 9th storey building called Dream mall! Cool eh?
Yo Yo at the vikingYo Yo at the viking
Yo Yo at the viking

altho' it was a mini viking..still it was a very brave attempt by a 3 year old...well done Yo!!
We r going to TaipeiWe r going to Taipei
We r going to Taipei

The superbly built "bullet train" which takes us a mere 1 hour and 45 min to reach from kaoshiung to taipei! It's fast, stable and pretty cool!


Tot: 0.094s; Tpl: 0.02s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0546s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb