Just a quick one...


Advertisement
Sri Lanka's flag
Asia » Sri Lanka
January 28th 2006
Published: February 3rd 2006
Edit Blog Post

Hi everyone,

Just a quick one this time to say hi, cos we havent actualy ben doing much ithis week except lazing around in the sun, on the beach and around the pool 😊 Hee hee... am I making you jealous yet???

Got to Sri Lanka on Monday - Rozi's birthday for anyone who had forgotten - dont worry youve got 6 months to buy me a present!!! and we've just spent the week recovering from the last trip so we can muster up the energy to embark on another one!!! Such a hard life, this travelling lark!!!

Flight over was ok except that we got sat next to this old crazy woman who smelled of pee and kept getting up and down every 5 minutes. She couldnt speak any language that anyone understood and the stewardesses kept giving us pitying looks and asking us if there was anything they could do about the smell!!! We always get stuck with the mad people somehow. Nice...

Not much else to tell except that Sri Lanka is very hot and sunny, dusty and noisy like India, but not quite as dirty. They actually have road markings and pedestrian crossings.
Coconut anyone???Coconut anyone???Coconut anyone???

Hope they dont fall on my head!
Not that anyone takes any notice of them...the rickshaw drivers are just as insane, just a little bit slower!

Steves been making the most of being somewhere that has beef and pork and has been eating steaks and mixed grills!!! We,ve had quite a nice time being somewhere touristy and being able to get pizzas and chinese, even if it is in Sri Lankan stylee. Good to have a brief interlude from curry anyway.

Well, we're off back to the beach. We're off on our next tour tomorrow, so we'll keep you updated.
Loads of love,

Rozi & Steve
xxx


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Yes it is a Tescos!Yes it is a Tescos!
Yes it is a Tescos!

Not a real one tho - twas about the size of my bathroom and mostly sold postcards!!!


Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 51; dbt: 0.061s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb