Mainly photos, so you might as well have a look!


Advertisement
Sri Lanka's flag
Asia » Sri Lanka
March 14th 2007
Published: March 19th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hi guys,

Not going to rabbit on too much as we have just put on loads of photos and they can pretty much tell the story of what we have been up to since our last blog.

Most importantly it was great to see Vicky and Simon who came out to Sri Lanka it up with us in our first week here. It was a shame they could only stay a week, but we hope they got a good taste for the country in their time here, particularly the famous rice and curry!

As the photos will probably show we are still having a fantastic time, bit sad we only have a few days left, but also looking forward to getting away from the searing sun and annoying insects that still only bite me and not Rich. And of course to coming home and partying with all you guys.

One thing we have yet to experience in Sri Lanka is the Ayurveda 'panchakarma' or 'five-fold treatment'. This comprises the five basic therapies of traditional Ayurveda; theraputic vomiting; purging; enema; blood letting and the nasal administration of medicines. We might well be giving this a miss on this trip, but we did visit a spice garden and brought a few ayurveda natural remedies to test out at home.

Sri Lanka is beautiful, very varied country with the stunning beaches on the south coast, the hill country in kandy and the cultural triangle and one of our favourite places Ella (though we forgot to put on any photos of here! dough!) and of course the jungle and national parks which were really cool despite not seeing any leopards. But we did see a leopard paw print on one of our nature walks in Buttala. It crossed the same path we had been on only half an hour after we passed that way before coming back the same way, so we just missed it! Though I suspect it could see us even if we couldn't see it. Good thing we had four guides armed with sticks and knives with us.

We hope you enjoy the photos and we will elaborate more when we get home, for now there is just too little time left to spend it in an internet cafe. We have ramparts to traverse and more rice and curry to eat.

Love you all loads, and will be seeing you soon.

Ta ta for now Rach and Richxxxxx





Additional photos below
Photos: 27, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

UsUs
Us

Just so you know what we look like!
Vicky & SimonVicky & Simon
Vicky & Simon

First tuktuk ride
Best train journeys everBest train journeys ever
Best train journeys ever

Colombo to Kandy
Definately 3rd class!Definately 3rd class!
Definately 3rd class!

On the train from Kandy to Ella these guys just hooked themselves up and came along for the ride.
Baby ElephantBaby Elephant
Baby Elephant

Pinnewala Elephant Orphanage
Python and RachPython and Rach
Python and Rach

I wont be doing that again!
Tusker elephantTusker elephant
Tusker elephant

So thats what the tusks are for, when your trunk just gets too heavy. Pinnewala Elephant Orphanage.
Picking teaPicking tea
Picking tea

Somewhere near Kandy
Treetops Elephant LodgeTreetops Elephant Lodge
Treetops Elephant Lodge

Very chilled just hanging out here, watching the wildlife and the odd wild elephant.
Its bath time in the jungleIts bath time in the jungle
Its bath time in the jungle

All mod cons at treetops...a true at one with nature experience
Big bull elephantBig bull elephant
Big bull elephant

Just after he charged our jeep at Bundala National Park.


19th March 2007

Had almost forgotten what you look like!
Fantastic pictures as usual. Was beginning to think we had had the last blog. Can't imagine why you wanted to pick up a python Rachael - not sure you looked that comfortable. Can't wait to see you on Saturday. Hope its not going to be too much of a shock having proper showers etc. Supper on Saturday growing a bit in numbers. Lots of people want to come and welcome you back. love Mum
24th March 2007

Hiya!
Hi guys, great photos- you both look so well. I'm sure it'll be sad to come home but we'll be very happy to see you again! Have fun and call us when you get back...

Tot: 0.038s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 10; qc: 18; dbt: 0.0144s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb