Pumped for Sri Lanka (even with a weird first night)


Advertisement
Sri Lanka's flag
Asia » Sri Lanka » Western Province » Mount Lavinia
September 28th 2013
Published: November 7th 2013
Edit Blog Post

I left for LCCT at 07.30 on the airbus to get my flight at 11.20. The plane flew into Male in the Maldives, but unfortunately I stayed on the plane.

In Sri Lanka airport, I waited an hour for Hayley and Dani to arrive. I was pumped to see them when they strolled into the waiting area. We found our pre booked driver who took us to our accommodation in Mount Lavinia. Arriving there pretty late, the lady welcomed us in and sat us down in the living room area. We advised her we were hungry and that we wanted to get settled in our room, so after the brief chat we took our bags upstairs. Hayley and I dumped our rucksacks on the bed, but she told us off for doing this (and brushed the bed off as if we had dropped a load of dirt everywhere).

We walked out of the house to head for the beach to get dinner. The lady told us her curfew was 11pm...WHAT?!?

A curfew we were not happy about, as firstly it was already 10pm and of course we wanted to unwind a bit. Dani was most unhappy about this as she was used to rolling in at 6am most days haha.

Anyway, we had a nice dinner to catch up over, then found a bar. Dani and I had a cocktail or 2 and we got up on the dance floor. A group of people from our guesthouse turned up and told us they were sent out to find us (as it was after 11pm). This was a joke, but they themselves were happy to be out after 12pm, so with this opportunity they went for a swim in the ocean.

Getting back to the guesthouse by 1am was slight uproar. The lady told us to get to bed! Was she our mother? We had a heated discussion and Hayley pipes up, "Nowhere in your rules says we should go to bed when told to". So anyway, cutting the story short, she told us we had to leave the next day, which we were happy about and that was that. The others also joined us.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.22s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.1738s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb