Who needs a pinky toe anyway?


Advertisement
Sri Lanka's flag
Asia » Sri Lanka » Western Province » Colombo
August 29th 2006
Published: September 18th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Atanta to Sri Lanka


So, our adventures have led us to Sri Lanka. Adam and I arrived in Colombo after 32+ hours of travel. We left from Atlanta, GA on Friday night, Aug. 25 and arrived in Sri Lanka on Sunday night, Aug. 27. Amazingly, it was not too bad, despite the fact that I badly injured my pinky toe while packing the night before we left Atlanta. I'm pretty sure I broke something since it is sticking out the wrong way, bruised and swollen nearly 5 days later. I even got wheelchair assistance in Hong Kong. Another wheelchair was requested for arrival in Sri Lanka, but after getting off the plane, it looked easier to just limp my way out instead of wait for someone to come wheel me to a lift somewhere, just to go up half a flight of stairs. All in all, I felt that getting back home from Shanghai was more tiresome and frustrating than this trip (might have had to do with carrying about over 150+ kg less of baggage on this trip). After sleeping in yesterday and relaxing, we are feeling good and ready to explore this city that will be our home and base for the next two months.

So far we keep comparing it to China. The most glaring difference is the huge presence of firearms and soldiers. Guns were unheard of in China, but here they are ubiquitous. Also, the people here are friendly, intelligent and helpful. Whereas, in China there was a definite lack of logical thinking ability, politeness and general socialibilty.

Well, more to come.





Advertisement



Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0386s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb