Tour diary - day 5


Advertisement
Sri Lanka's flag
Asia » Sri Lanka » Central Province » Kandy
April 8th 2011
Published: April 8th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Last night's decision to appoint Genty as team dietician sparked controversy as there were more obvious candidates for the job. With our last morning at the hotel in Kandy we were surprised by the early arrivals to the meeting of Barron, Bertie and Ellwood. At 8.45am we left for Colombo.
On the journey to Colombo we stopped off at an elephant orphanage where we had the chance to ride and bath the elephants. Barron's face of terror and Connor's "this one's got reverse" comment were the highlights of the visit.
After that we got back on the bus where everyone got a powernap only to be ruined by the immaturity of captain Ed Fricker, who thought it was funny to throw a foam rugby ball up and down the bus hitting a certain Tom Edwards in the face.
On arrival at Mount Lavinia hotel in Colombo we were pleasantly surprised by the 3rd showing of traditional Sri Lankan
dancing. After lighting candles in reception for what seemed like hours we finally got into our rooms to chill out and unpack.
Approaching the pool we were all disappointed by the number of people preventing our ball games. Noticing the absence of Edwards, 5 days gym-free was just too much for the big lad. In the pool we noticed Sale's interest in babe watching - which led many of the squad members worried that he may be cheating on Barron.

Tom Owen and Will Ellwood


Advertisement



8th April 2011

Cricket
I begin to wonder why my comments are not being shown. Is it because I have about as many friends as Al Capone? Good to see my JC rugby centre, Angus Murdoch, playing. The charm of Angus' rugby was a true reflection of the boy himself; modest,friendly and sincere.

Tot: 0.125s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 9; qc: 39; dbt: 0.0649s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb