it's a small world....


Advertisement
Sri Lanka's flag
Asia » Sri Lanka » Central Province » Kandy
June 20th 2007
Published: June 20th 2007
Edit Blog Post

I walked up the big old hill to my guesthouse last night, and to my surprise i didn't start hyperventlating, or get a stich, fall over gasping for breath and water, but got up there and met a fellow traveler, who is another Sarah from north of the boarded, Scotland. She is also doing the same kind of route as me, and will also be finishing her trip in Nz doing a working holiday visa. All of this seemed very strangly familar and i thinking what a coninsidence when she said that she was a travel agent back in the Uk and when i asked where she worked i knew she would say STA Travel!!! so we both know lots of the same people, and can chat about lots of travel related stuff.

We have joined forces and she has changed her tkt so that we will be on the same flight from Colombo to Bangkok and then have a few nights there in a hotel with a swimming pool...i can not wait to go swimming it has been long and i miss it so much. Then we are planning on heading down to the southern Islands and maybe do some diving...so kind of all change, but i have a good feelign about this, and it is really nice ot be doing some more traveling with a fellow STA Travel Brit, who knows the craic.

The weather here remains monsoon rain and humid spells, which makes for intresting walking around, as we have to keep ducking under the fronts of shops to stop from getting soked, but Kandy is nice and i have a good time here, went to see the Temple of the tooth relic, which was very beautiful and nice to see Buddist worshiping, but made me feel even more the outsider and still not understand this whole Idol worship, i can not get my head around worship an object, weather it be metal, or stone or wood. You can tell i am not a Catholic...but it was nice to visit a temple which houses one of the original Budda's teath... and to see of the flowers laid down as offerings.

Looking forward to going to Thailand now, and see another new place and do some swimming, i miss it so much so getting back into the swim of things...so to speak will be great, will also be nice to hook up with other travelers, as it really is so quite here.

kisses to you all R xoxoxoxo


Advertisement



Tot: 0.121s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 15; qc: 62; dbt: 0.0858s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb