Crazy Korean Four!


Advertisement
South Korea's flag
Asia » South Korea
August 16th 2006
Published: August 16th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Well, we had another tour today. The funny thing was that it was the same tour guide, the same bus driver, and most of the same people as yesterday, including the four young Koreans who offered us tangerines (or Mandarin oranges) and made me laugh.

The tour started off with a shopping expedition at a very pricey store. I didn't buy anything, but Erika got a mask to hang on her apt. wall. It was actually a pretty good price.

Then we headed to Elephant Town where we were told that to get in to see the show, it would be another 12 000 won each. (That's about $15.) We decided to opt out and then the guide handed us free tickets. Strange but nice!!!! The guide had also asked the four young Koreans (who had offered us oranges) to take us under their wing and try to explain what was happening along the tour. They are very nice and funny! Ran-ok, Ji-Sun (aka Sunny), Gyeong-ae, and Jae-beom (the only guy). Their English is not great but they are really trying to talk to us. We basically spent the day with them and will be heading out for pizza shortly for dinner!!!

After Elephant Town, we hit Mystery Road. It's like Magnetic Hill in Moncton, NB, where the cars go upwards when you sit in reverse. (Actually, they go downhill but it's an optical illusion.) It was better in NB. From there we hit the Seongup Folklore Village where again, everything was in Korean, no English signs to be seen, and another sit-down session to sell you mushroom powder. We sat outside with the Fab Four and chatted. Next was lunch and I hardly ate because the meat was too spicy and there was only rice, soup and egg. No salad. 😞 I had two granola bars in the bus immediately afterward.)

Then we were off to go horseback riding. I decided I was too hot, too sticky and not in the mood to horseback ride, so the others went off in their borrowed boots and hats for a 15 min. ride. I took pictures. Some came out pretty well, but of course, I don't have anyway to put them on the site.... 😞

Then we went to Micheon Cave which was in Illchul Land. The cave was unspectacular, but the park had some neat statues and the Fab Four did some crazy things. Got a few good pics! Next we went to Seopjikogi which apparently is a site used as a setting in 3 different movies/tv series. Good views of the coast and it reminded me of NF and Ireland a little bit, except that the cliffs were more black (volcanic rock).

We missed the Submarine tour because we hadn't reserved ahead. Oh well. We stopped at a place for some seafood (raw squid anyone???) and we just sat and talked with the Fab Four while they ate raw squid and cooked octopus. I just couldn't bear to eat such obvious tentacles with suction cups!!!!

So we're going to go have pizza at Mr. Pizza (yes, again!) with the four crazy Koreans and we've already exchanged email addresses so we can exchange pictures. Should be fun!

BTW, I forgot yesterday to mention that we were accosted by a couple of Jehovah's Witnesses while at the famous waterfall Cheonjiyeon Waterfall. How bizarre!!! Two years ago while in Greece at the Acropolis, I met two up there and now here! Where next?

Okay, off to eat some pizza!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.183s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0759s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb