Lantern festival


Advertisement
South Korea's flag
Asia » South Korea
October 11th 2008
Published: October 14th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Ariive in Jinju and head to Lantern festival where there are large colourfull lanterns floating on the river. I buy a wish lantern and hang it in the long tunnel with the othger lanterns. Cant wait to see it tonight. AS it gets dark the river lights up with colour. This time I light a floating wish lantern and send it down the river with the line of others snaking thier way down river. At 8 there is a fireworks display over the river creating a spectacular sight as the sky lights up as well. Next morning catch bus to get to Wando for ferry to Jeju Island. Travelling by bus is much better than expected. the roads are major highways and the scenery is constant mountains covered in thick forests and valleys with wide shallow rivers and fields of yellow rice, greena nd red chillis, lines of corn and large round lettuces. Dark mountains loom in the distance. When I reach the ferry and get on its a bit of a surprise as there are large rooms with no furniture except a TV and shelves for your shoes. Take the shoes off at the door and either sit of lay on the floor. Hmmmm. Manage to make my way ouside onto the deck where there are benches. The sun is low in the sky and there is a slight cool breeze. Hardly anyone is around so I lay on one of the benches and watch the calm deep blue ocean and the small islands pass by. AS the sun hits the water and slowly sinks into the sea a large dark shape looms in the distance, Jeju Island. When we arrive its dark, but there are heaps of hotels so finding accomodations is no probs.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.152s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.1278s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb