Bedresting


Advertisement
South Korea's flag
Asia » South Korea » Yongin
October 20th 2008
Published: October 20th 2008
Edit Blog Post

I realize that I haven't written in a very very long time, but honestly not much has been happening. I've been working a lot and not doing a whole whole lot on the weekends because i'm generally too tired after a week with 41 kids. I've made a few good friends here now though so i'm feel a lot better about being here.

Last Saturday I started losing my voice and yesterday when I woke up I basically couldn't talk. Today the owner of the school took me to an E.N.T (yes that's right, I just walked into an ENT's office without needing to wait like 6 months to see one) and after he shoved a very uncomfortable camera down my throat he told me that I have a swollen larynx and put me on bedrest for at least 3 days and told me that i'm not allowed to talk. I'm probably going to go insane but what's a girl to do. My boss Carla has told me that i'm not even allowed to leave the apartment building to walk like 10 feet to go get juice if I need any and that i'm to tell her if I want anything...that's going to be the hardest part, i'm used to being completely independent and I hateeeeeee having to rely on someone else to get things for me, but that's just how it is I suppose. Anyways back to the doctor, so not only did I get to see a specialist, the doctor trip andddd the antibiotics ( I have like 5 different kinds) only cost me 6000 won in total, which right now with how the exchange rate is going is probably only like 4 dollars!

Halloween is coming soon and we're doing a Haunted House for all of the students in the school! I'm super excited I can't freaking wait!! It's going to be glorious really. We have an entire classroom to decorate plus we are going to use 3 other classrooms for activity rooms for the kids so that they'll be able to rotate between 4 classrooms on Halloween, oooohhhhhhh. I'll have to post some pictures once it's all decorated for you all to see!

Hope all is well back in Canada, Miss you all lots!

OHHHHHHHH does anyone know if Nadia has had her baby yet? Kristian is being very uncooperative in answer me haha.

Advertisement



27th October 2008

Nadia had a baby boy Sunday morning at 4am. His name is Marco Leigh Langille. Sarah says they are both doing great!! He was 10ponds and 5 ounces. I'm glad you're liking it a little better over there. Internet always helps :) Hope Halloween is excellent :)

Tot: 0.145s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0934s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb