The addictive wonders of Costco worldwide


Advertisement
South Korea's flag
Asia » South Korea » Taejon
September 19th 2009
Published: September 19th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Hi again.

Let's talk about Costco for a minute, shall we?

Admit it, it freakin rocks your world. Even halfway across the globe, its still rockin mine.

After being in Korea for a couple weeks, my Edmonton comrade and I decided to hit up Costco right here in Daejeon. We got lost at first but finally managed to find the signature beige & red building that just gives you that warm giddy feeling inside. Upon seeing those big red words of COSTCO splayed across the side of the building, all feelings of homesickness disappeared in that instance! Of course, its not your usual big box store like back home...here, it consisted of 3 floors (one being the parkade). Remember, them Koreans just don't have the space, so we gotta build up!

Walking in, we started our adventure off getting fueled by their infamous chicken bake and hot dog. Seriously? It tasted JUST like home and was cheaper too (2000W)! Apparently their pizza is something to rave about as well but that'll just have to wait for a future trip back.

After our lunch, we began perusing Daejeon's Costco.....noticing that Kirkland was as prevalent as ever over here as well along with the odd mix of Korean brands. The biggest difference was in the wide array of alcohol available right in the middle of the store! Incredulous, I just had to take a picture for my brother. However, I have noticed that other supermarkets such as Emart and Homeplus also have a readily available stock of alcohol for easy access.

I need to stop here and mention that going to Costco really makes one realize that they took their car for granted when back home...as lugging my purchases back to the apartment was HELLA difficult. Definitely had me considering getting a metal wheelie cart in preparation for the next time I come back.

Costco = Savior


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0384s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb