Korean War Museum


Advertisement
South Korea's flag
Asia » South Korea » Seoul
April 26th 2008
Published: April 26th 2008
Edit Blog Post

This Museum was everything but BORING, meaning even if your not into history stuff this is still a great museum to go see. Plus the price is amazing for what you see I paid 5,000 won for our party of 3 today. I thought it was going to be cheesy and i would have to beg my kids not to whine but I was wrong! We spent 3 hours in it and my kids still didn't want to leave! There is a ball museum there too for an addional fee but we decided to save that for another rainy day because it was 10,000 won a person. It would have been too much in one day.

There was so much for them to intereact with, climb in, touch...they had a Navy ship display that you can go through which is like being on a sjip and the floor actually moves as if you were at sea. The airplanes and tanks were very cool considering you could climb into them and pulland push buttons, shift the gears. Some displays move and light up. It's so not like the boring museums I went to as a kid! There is a snack room with a vendor selling Korean items, juices and ice cream. Inexpensive. We had packed some American chips and we bought drinks there. Never can be too prepared with children!

Even though it was saturday there were school children there and they get very excited to speak english with other children. A mob of 8 year old girls literally surrounded my 5 years old to touch her hair and her hands and then proceeded to snap pictures with there cell phones! They were smiling so hard as if they met someone famous. It made my heart just melt! My son finally understood the meaning of a "bomb" and the impact it can have by one of the displays. His jaw literally fell open as he put together reality from the video games. He had a "Ah HA! ooooohhh" moment. I hope it makes them better human beings as they have seen and learned alot from this museum!


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement

Little art criticsLittle art critics
Little art critics

"What do you think?"


Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0442s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb