Day 297 - Undersea Tunnel


Advertisement
South Korea's flag
Asia » South Korea » Seoul
April 25th 2007
Published: April 25th 2007
Edit Blog Post

After a great night sleep, in a comfy, clean bed with the windows open to allow fresh air in - we have been lacking these nights with fresh air - we make our way to the train station to catch the KTX train to Busan, the 2nd largest city in South Korea (and which is also the 3rd largest port in the world). We are down here for about 24 hours to have a look around south South Korea. Eventually and despite the best efforts of the taxi driver we arrive in Tongyeoung City, a place that is wanting to develop its tourism industry. The taxi driver wasn't the best, but we had been trying to direct him towards the 'Undersea Tunnel' which we kept seeing in English on road signs, but it turned out to be a pedestrian tunnel which probably explains why he avoided it. It is certainly in a beautiful setting with lots of islands dotted around the coast, and more tourists will no doubt arrive in due course. Our experience was a little surreal, just not really getting what the place was about. It seemed the sort of town that would look normal with loads of people milling around the streets and perhaps that's how it is in the summer. We sort of wandered semi-aimlessly and enjoyed the language barrier, making sure to avoid the restaurants with all manner of ugly sea creatures (not necessarily fish) in the tanks outside.



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.241s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 22; qc: 104; dbt: 0.1131s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb