Day 298 - Karaoke on steroids


Advertisement
South Korea's flag
Asia » South Korea » Busan
April 26th 2007
Published: August 10th 2007
Edit Blog Post

At breakfast we met an Aussie who is the Korean Olympic sailing coach and who was running a final selection event which we'd watched a bit of yesterday. Then we went down to the port to catch a boat on a tour of a couple of the islands. The weather was perfect and like we said the scenery is beautiful, so we had a great time. We thought we were on a normal tourist boat but before we knew it we were being interviewed by Korean television who were doing a feature on the islands. Although we were standing outside we could hear a racket coming from inside which turned out to be karaoke. And everyone (50-80 year olds) was joining in, singing and dancing to their heart's content. Apparently everyone was so energetic because they wanted to be featured in the final version of the programme, and the effect was to make it one of the oddest things we've ever seen.

We had a brief look at one island where Admiral Yi, Korea's equivalent of Nelson, had his finest hour. Before we knew it we were back on the 300km/h train to Seoul and in the apartment.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0512s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb