The World Is Indeed Flat


Advertisement
South Korea's flag
Asia » South Korea » Seoul
April 28th 2007
Published: April 28th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Thankfully, we did make our connection in Los Angeles and boarded Korean Airlines flight 012 for Seoul, and the sleeper seats on our 747-400 were just the thing for two tired Taos Travelers. We were the only Anglos in the second floor business class cabin, but were were made to feel most welcome by the flight attendants in their crisply ironed uniforms. Each of the women sported heavily starched ribbons in their hair. Once aboard we were happily pushing buttons to convert our seats into almost flat beds and checking out the individual video screens at our seats. Our high tech surroundings were the precursor of our arrival at Incheon Airport in Seoul. This modern airport touts itself as the best international airport in the world. We would have to agree. The place is spotless and full of light. I am writing this posting from the Business Lounge of Korean Air. Everyone here has his or her own laptop computer. I am most happy because my Korean developed Samsung office phone system has allowed me to connect back to my office phone system by using the Internet at no cost. The result is that I can call an intercom number and speak to my co-workers just as if I am next door rather than across the Pacific Ocean. Technology is quite amazing, when it works! In a few hours we will be on another plan headed for Beijing, and we will see if the world continues to be flat.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0414s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb