The Ill-Fated Departure


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Beijing
April 27th 2007
Published: April 27th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Well, here we are at the ABQ Sunport waiting for our delayed Southwest flight to Los Angeles. This was supposed to be the easy, familiar part of our journey, but, alass, we are now biting our nails wondering if we will make it in time to catch our flight from LAX to Seoul, Korea, and a connecting flight onto Beijing. Our Southwest flight is delayed by more that two hours due to heavy thunder storms around Dallas. We do have some comfort in knowing that there is a second flight to Seoul an hour after our scheduled flight. Much to our surprise, Peter called us from Beijing to inquire about our progress. Now that we know our flight has left Dallas, we have decided to wait until we arrive in LAX and determine whether we need to book the later flight. Both flights have the same connecting flight from Seoul to Beijing. While the thought of having less time in Seoul might seem appealing, we really want the earlier flight from LAX as it is configured with better sleeper seats, and those seats are very appealing to travelers who started their day at 4:30 AM MDT.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.065s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb