Final Night at EV goes Boom Boom Boom


Advertisement
South Korea's flag
Asia » South Korea » Gyeonggi-do » Paju » Heyri Art Village
November 22nd 2011
Published: November 22nd 2011
Edit Blog Post

At the TopAt the TopAt the Top

Mount Namsan
Shortly we are off to our final dinner next door in the beautiful little village called Heyri Art Village. We have grown found of the art villages numerous cafe choices, art galleries and restaurants. As well as the gorgeous and unique architecture. Ironically, we were taken to the Farmer's Table for Tanner's going away dinner. We had only been on campus for a few weeks but had become good friends. Thus it is only fair that we depart our English Village lifestyle by indulging from this fine menu once again. Tonight however it will only be the two of us, sharing a romantic dinner before blowing off fireworks and kicking back with a couple of close friends.

A time for reflection is always the best thing when you are departing one place and beginning the next phase of your life. It's been fifteen months holding an interesting twist in the middle of it. We've survived the tinkering of English Village administration and our living quarters on campus. We've made some great friends and lifelong ones, too.

Shauna's thoughts on returning... "I am excited to go but not excited to see what kind of weather I will be
Love LockLove LockLove Lock

at Seoul Tower
going back to." Fifteen months wrapped into two sentences... "Oh Jesus! Lots of UPS and downs, and rounds and rounds... ummm... glad to have had an opportunity to experience the Korean culture by living and working here. I'll miss people that I have met and Kimbap Chongu (local restaurant)... yea."

My thoughts on returning... "elated to get the heck away from English Village music! Sad that I wont be living in a Castle-like compound and terrified by the what may lay ahead of us in Alberta, British Columbia or . . . ?" Fifteen months wrapped into two sentences... "Crazy. Scary. Tired. Sad. Ecstatic. Glad. Twisted. Its been one emotional roller coaster ride through the UPS and downs, around the bends and through the hills but as a friend Harold once said... "It's going to be a blessing in disguise, you'll see." And I'll have to agree with him."

Tomorrow morning we say farewell to our interesting lifestyle in both English Village and South Korea.

Until the next entry.

Enjoy your life... whereever you are living.

Aaron & Shauna


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Four BearsFour Bears
Four Bears

Teddy Bear Museum at Seoul Tower
Jamsil StadiumJamsil Stadium
Jamsil Stadium

Lotte Giants v. Doosan Bears
Jogyesa TempleJogyesa Temple
Jogyesa Temple

Early February
Gyeongju Gyeongju
Gyeongju

Seven Buddhas
Korea HouseKorea House
Korea House

Wedding Day


Tot: 0.365s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 13; qc: 63; dbt: 0.2042s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb