Weekend Happenings


Advertisement
South Korea's flag
Asia » South Korea » Gyeonggi-do » Namyangju
May 26th 2010
Published: May 26th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Hello! Just wanted to share some photos from weekends/holidays in May. We had the 5th off from school as it was Children's Day & that gave us the opportunity to celebrate Cinco de Mayo in Seoul with friends. The weekend of the 15th was the Lotus Lantern Festival which begins the celebrations for Buddha's birthday & Jess attended some of those events.

This past weekend we were fortunate to have 3 days off thanks to Buddha & we tried to use them wisely! Friday we went biking along the Han. Saturday, due to the rain we stayed indoors & used some gift certificates given to us by a student's grateful family (for his ability to suddenly communicate in English) to purchase some reading material. Fran is currently digging into The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn & cursing Mark Twain's use of the vernacular. After than we went back to Apujeong, the ritzy shopping area of Seoul. It also happens to have some great food & a microbrewery!

Hope this finds everyone enjoying some gorgeous spring weather & appreciating the sunshine! We certainly are after 4 days of rain. 3 weeks to go....
xxxFran & Jess


Additional photos below
Photos: 85, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



26th May 2010

Take care
Hope 3 weeks is long enough to get you out of there safely xx
26th May 2010
.

Awww our little buddy!! Great pics Jess!!! :)

Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0553s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb