In Transit at Singapore


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore
June 7th 2010
Published: June 28th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Matt Pre-ShaveMatt Pre-ShaveMatt Pre-Shave

Matt is not shaving for the entire 35 days we are over here. This is him, at the beginning!
Geo: 1.28941, 103.85

We have just arrived in Changi Airport, Singapore on Leg 1 of our rather indirect marathon pilgrimage to Cape Town. Thats part 1 of 3 flights down.. 7.5 hours from Melbourne to Singapore.. 4.5 hours wait here... then 11 hours to Johannesburg.. 5 hours wait there... and a final 3 hours to Cape Town.
Its evident the difference between First and Economy class is the enjoyment factor. Economy was plenty bearable but just not fun. Luckily there were plenty of vacant seats around so the three of us didnt have to bunch up.
Watched Shutter Island and How to Train your Dragon to pass the time.
Its all getting really exciting now... a day from now il be in paradise in Cape Town, with good times, adventures and world cup games to look forward to!
This is a damn cool airport incidentally. Theres an indoor forest, and lounge showing Holland demolish Hungary 6-1!
Feel free to keep in touch with me, with comments and messages, on this site, facebook and texts.
Photos will probably start to appear over the next few days.



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Matt and BlingMatt and Bling
Matt and Bling

Matt and Bling hanging out at Changi airport
Changi ForestChangi Forest
Changi Forest

Yep, Singapore airport actually has forests inside it. Its probably the best airport iv ever seen. Also has free internet, video games, and other entertainment.
Changi Fish!Changi Fish!
Changi Fish!

Fish at Changi airport. I petted a few
Changi SignChangi Sign
Changi Sign

The Forest at Changi again
TerminalTerminal
Terminal

Random shot inside the Changi terminal


7th June 2010

Helo have fun sweetey
8th June 2010

Hehe. 3rd time viewing of dragon movie!

Tot: 0.28s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0932s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb