Ningbo to Shanghai, then to Singapore


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore
March 26th 2017
Published: June 17th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 1.28941, 103.85

Today it is critical that we get up and catch our train, 6am the alarm goes off, then we even had time for breakfast, but quickly!
We checked out, got a taxi to the train station, although it's only 650m down the road, getting there on time is more the reason. Our huge bags had to be tied into the boot of the taxi, just hope they get to train station with us!! We got there in good time and waited for the gate to open, then boarded the train. A trolley came along wit food and we bought 2 small tubs of icecrams, which cost 70 yuan, 30 yuan more than our whole dinner last night!!
2 hours went by quite quickly. We now have to find our way to the subway. We found an enquiry counter, and got advice that the subway will take 2.5 hours from Hongqiao Railway Station to Pudong International Airport, OR he could get a taxi for us, to go straight there, 1.5 hours, at 400 yuan!!! Did he think we looked stupid??? We found the subway office and purchased 2 tickets at 8 yuan each!! We got there in 1.5 hours and on time!!
Check in done, complete with heavy overweight bags, our bags got marked Priority, then we got through Customs without a hitch!
On the train this morning, and now the plane to Singapore, we accomplished getting from Ningbo, to on the plane, it's now time to have a Singapore Sling, and I had a glass of red!!
We arrived into Singapore, through Customs and then grabbed a cab to our next Hotel, Rendezvous Hotel, Singapore. We have been traveling since 8.23am this morning, and now it is 10.30pm, 14 hours later, after 2 trains and a plane, we are going to hopefully sleep in, in the morning!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 23, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Ice cream on the train, 35 yuan each!!!Ice cream on the train, 35 yuan each!!!
Ice cream on the train, 35 yuan each!!!

Expensive, dinner last night was 20 yuan each!!


27th March 2017

How do you cope, all the early mornings,finding your way around the cities and railway stations etc etc., driven around like Royalty, upgraded suites, butlers, how do you put up with it?( not that we're jealous) don't worry about all of us
back home sweltering and slaving away, someone has to work!!!Enjoy it all, love Judy & Ferris .
27th March 2017

How do you cope, all the early mornings,finding your way around the cities and railway stations etc etc., driven around like Royalty, upgraded suites, butlers, how do you put up with it?( not that we're jealous) don't worry about all of us
back home sweltering and slaving away, someone has to work!!!Enjoy it all, love Judy & Ferris .

Tot: 0.148s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 8; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0491s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb