Off to Singapore


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore
January 4th 2016
Published: June 17th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 1.28941, 103.85

Well, it hasn't been 12 months since our last big trip and we are off again, the alarm was set for early although being hot during the night, I didn't get much sleep. We said our byes to Nikki who was still sleeping like a princess, then headed out the door. Melanie is our driver to the Airport, but this was just a kiss and drop as she too was tired!!
We checked into Singapore Airlines, then waited for our boarding call after a quick shop at Duty Free!!
Our flight was on time for departure, 10.25am and we took off over the sea. An hour into the flight we were served drinks and not long after, lunch! Lunch was great, I had Slow Braised Chicken and Clint had Beef Goulash and he gave me the mash!! We settled in to each watch a movie and started to relax after a red wine with our lunch.
Looking out the window several times, trying to take in how much land Australia actually has, amazing! Closer to the top, maybe towards Karratha or there about, there were so many either lakes or tidal rivers. Not much in the way of houses that I could see in this area. Now we are over the sea heading towards Bali so hope there is no problem with Volcanos today!!
Time for another movie, I'm watching Everest, my first movie was The Intern, Clint's first movie was The Martian but now he's watching another one.
Well, it was time for a change, that movie Everest was boring as sh.., so checking out the movie list, I decided to watch Magic Mike XXL, well that certainly was an eye opener, I'm sure the lady behind me thoroughly enjoyed it too!!!
Afternoon snack was served ( fried rice) with a glass of red wine, and not long after this, we started our descent into Singapore.
Once we landed, we went straight to the counter and got our $40 vouchers to spend in Duty Free, I bought a bottle of perfume. We also bought new SIM cards for our phones. We caught the shuttle bus to our Hotel, The Fairmont Hotel which is opposite Raffles but still with a view of Marina Bay. We quickly organised ourselves as we were to catch the train to meet Vincent and his family for dinner at Chinatown. Mission accomplished, we found our way ok and arrived in time,
We had dinner in the streets of Chinatown, and having Vincent there, we were made to try extra dishes that he told us we should try!! Vincent's parents were very generous and paid for our meals.
A little bit of shopping afterwards, then we made our way back on the train to our Hotel to have a quiet drink, then bed!


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



5th January 2016

Sounds like you are having a good time already. Enjoy!
5th January 2016

Hi Clint and Sue. Looks like you had a good flight. Brings back memories of when Denise and I were on that same flight. You are staying across from Raffles, if you can you should try the high tea. It really is a very special time. China tow
n sounded amazing, we've had dinner there as well maybe not the same restaurant but it is very nice. Enjoy your stay. Cheers Bevan.
5th January 2016

Oops! How's this, well done you make travelling sound so easy and enjoyable, are you sure you don't represent a travel agent , happy holiday Judy & Ferris X
6th January 2016

You didn't tell us what you had for dinner when you met up with Vincent and his parents!!

Tot: 0.046s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.027s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb