Day 37 - Singapore


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore
June 11th 2014
Published: July 8th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Our plan for today is to catch the hop on hop off bus to see as many of the highlights as we could, spending the S$33 each to be able to use all of the routes we set off. First stop was the Singapore Flyer, a large wheel like the London Eye down by the Marina Bay Sands. Having been on one before we gave it a miss and headed off to the large hotel and the viewing platform at the top. After another S$25 each to go up we reached the platform and to be honest it was a great view of the city with the F1 track visible along with most of the city. Not spending too much time at the top due to the heat we headed back down to the Marina Bay Sands Hotel for coffee. Off to the next stop we got to the Bugis Street Markets and strolled through there for a while. It was full of cheap low quality rubbish, so we headed back to catch the next bus. Next was Little India which was a very dodgy area full of Indian gold shops and little else, somewhat disillusioned the next stop was China Town and again, disappointing. There seemed to be little there. Being late in the day it was time for a late lunch and we headed to the waterfront. Again the cost of meals seemed to be very high and a beer was around S$15.00 making lunch pricey. By this time the heat was really getting to us and we headed back to the hotel. Evening bought a little relief from the heat and we headed off to the Garden by the Bay to see the light show, it was really stunning with music set to the lights and the gardens are a lovely place to visit. Leaving there we headed back to the water front to try and catch the light show off the Marina Bay Sands Hotel, sadly not enough time! Tomorrow was another night.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.047s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0294s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb