Singapore Fling


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore
July 20th 2006
Published: July 25th 2006
Edit Blog Post

It really was a fling: one day to run wild along the streets of Singapore, soaking in all the pleasures and delights the city has to offer.

Not much more I can say at this point, as time is running out on me here. Enjoy the photos for now and hopefully I'll be able to come up with a composition more in keeping with my usual eloquence at a later date.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

Police HeadquartersPolice Headquarters
Police Headquarters

Don't go littering around this part of town especially. Otherwise it's a public caning for you!
ChinatownChinatown
Chinatown

Somehow it seems appropriate that the marketplace in Chinatown is called "People's Park."
More Streets of SingaporeMore Streets of Singapore
More Streets of Singapore

We're pretty much in the heart of Chinatown here.
Sunset at Clark QuaySunset at Clark Quay
Sunset at Clark Quay

Clark Quay is a trendy spot along the river featuring a number of upscale restaurants, including everybody's favourite family dining establishment, Hooters.
Sunset at Clark QuaySunset at Clark Quay
Sunset at Clark Quay

It's Clark Quay again, but a little different shot.
Cruising Singapore RiverCruising Singapore River
Cruising Singapore River

I took a water taxi from Clark Quay to Merlion Park. No, that's not a spelling mistake. I really went to a place called Merlion Park.
Cruising Singapore RiverCruising Singapore River
Cruising Singapore River

This is the Fullerton Hotel on the right. It's quite a fancy looking hotel in Singapore and I'm sure one night there would be about the same as one month's worth of my JET money.
Cruising Singapore RiverCruising Singapore River
Cruising Singapore River

More fun shots from the river. The large glass and metal structure on the other side of the bridge is a cultural centre. Its shape was inspired by the smelliest of smelly melons, the durian. I found that fact to be a little odd. Like, why would you pay homage to something that smells like old gym socks?
Merlion ParkMerlion Park
Merlion Park

The mythical merlion is a symbol and source of pride for all Singapore. Why, exactly, that is, I don't know.
Merlion ParkMerlion Park
Merlion Park

Merlion against a painted sky.
Strange Blue BallsStrange Blue Balls
Strange Blue Balls

These blue balls were outside the durian-shaped cultural centre. That's probably all I should say about them.


Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 18; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0605s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb