First days in singapore


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore
April 23rd 2005
Published: April 26th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Here are some pics from downtown and around singapore's Island Pulau Ubin (Map).

Singapore has been fantasic so far.. People are really friendly and the food has easily been the highlight for me.

On the first day the heat is the first thing you notice.. but after awhile you get used it it. Our hotel room on the first night was nice and it was close to the main part of the city (bugis).. After looking around awhile we decided to find a hostel.. On the way in from the Airport we shared a Shuttle bus with a couple of americans.. They suggested staying at the Betel Box hostel.. (however I heard Metal Box hostel so it took us awhile to find it =) ) But we couldnt be happier with this hostel, people are fantasic and Free internet!! You have to love that.. They hostel staff have gone out of there way to help us..

Our first main activity was a food walk where Tony (the manager of the hostel) takes you around to all lthe food stalls/restaurants.. we even went to a vegatarian restaurants where they preprare the food to look and taste exactly like meat
CockatoosCockatoosCockatoos

Come all over here to see exotic animals and find cockys =)
( I loved the chicken)

Again the food in little india was gold.. Magical curry chicken.. rotti.. Dips.. ahhhh.. I could go on and on about the food.. and I will =)

Clare has been entertaining to say the least.. I will just leave you a couple of gold Clare comments:

* Im over this whole walking thing
* These towells dont really work that well (Using the blankets off the bed thinking they are towels)
* $5 bucks a Beer!! Nooo




Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Bike RideBike Ride
Bike Ride

During our bike ride we stopped off to get something to drink. Its is actually someones house, who sell cans of drinks out of there fridge.. With a lovely mark up =)
JettyJetty
Jetty

One of the jetty's during our bike ride along the river sungei mamam


Tot: 0.053s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0258s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb