Food Walk


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore
April 23rd 2005
Published: April 23rd 2005
Edit Blog Post

Food WalkFood WalkFood Walk

Here's Graham trying a dessert. It's a kinda jelly dish.
As part of our stay at the BetelBox hostel, (awesome place), we were invited to go on a food walk. This was a 7 hour, (yes 7 hours) treck around Singapore, sampling the local cusine. Singaporians take alot of pride in their food, and I felt so fortunate to go on this walk, as l got to sample foods of flavous and textures that l would otherwise never have tried.
Tony, our tour guide, also taught us about the different cultures, religions, (we also visited an Indian Temple), took us though the archetecture of Singapore and it's influences. We also visited the Eurasian social club/museum which was across the road from the Prime Minister's house. Not bad, considering we only live a couple of blocks over.
If you're looking for a great backpackers place in Sinagpore, I'd definately recommend here. Their web address is: www.betelbox.com if you want to check it out.



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Food WalkFood Walk
Food Walk

Moi and the jelly and the rest of the crew that came along.
Indian TempleIndian Temple
Indian Temple

Sorry, can't remember the name. And a lousey pic. Why am l including this?? Bwah!


Tot: 0.046s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0262s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb