A week in Singapore


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore
July 4th 2012
Published: July 4th 2012
Edit Blog Post

For many its the city of dreams, for some its a shopping paradise, but whatever be your reason for travel to this small country be ready to take in a lot of surprises.

I was in singapore for a week because of my official work and frankly I ran out of time before i could do all the things i wanted to 😊 But all is not bad ! The limited amount of time that i had was the factor that pushed me to do more thing in a shorter period. No, I did not loose out on the fun part just the time factor 😉

So here it goes 1 week in Singapore:

My flight landed at Changai (Singapore Airport) at about 6:00 in the morning, it was a saturday so I knew I had to make the most of the weekend as i would be quite busy in the weekdays. The Airport was a massive Modern Architectural structure. Dont expect to see buildings or houses or skyscrapers when you land in Singapore, instead it looked like we landed in the middle of a Rain Forest. They made it eco friendly "that what they say", lots of trees and natural lights inside the airport infact there were whole gardens in there. So airport was cool, not the average airport where you would see lines after lines after lines of people, it was pretty spacious.



Travel to any part of the city from Singapore airport is pretty SIMPLE "take the MRT (Mass Rapid transit)" coz thats the cheapest. once in the hotel I had already planned my day. It was going be the infamous Hop-in-Hop-off tours. ur lucky of u flew in by (SIA) Singapore Airlines because for the SIA passengers the rate for this tour is 6$ now for the normal customer it would be 28$. U will need a boarding pass for the discount 😊

These buses fly a specific route and you can get in and get out of the bus anytime and anywhere you want. The good part is your are not stuck to a specific bus, u can use any of the SIA buses to hop-in-hop-off. It covers most of the city attractions like the Singapore Business District, Skyline ,Raffels Hotel, Singapore Flyer, Little India, China Town, Marina Bay Sands, Merlion, Fullerton Rd, Orchard Rd etc.

Once on these buses be prepared to meet new people and make new friends. For the shopaholics drop down at Orchard road in the evening, this is it, this is the shopping district, knock yourself out 😊 and for the party goers head to Clark Quay.

Day ends and the night life begins. Singaporeans know how to party specially when its a weekend. Clark Quay and Boat Quay these are the two most famous hotspots for a nightout, alone or with friends it really does not matter. Dinner, drinks and party u name it. It goes on endless till you say quit 😊 be there to experience it.

Last, before it gets too long and im getting bored too 😊 Everything in Singapore is a MRT station away 😊 taxis are expensive "meter down 3.4 SG$" so stick to MRT if ur on a budget.

Enjoy your stay and make the most out of it. I know I will next time im there 😉


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



4th July 2012

Good Start, Mr. Dong
Good going Mr. Dong. Well written and nice pics too :). Keep traveling and continue writing.
5th July 2012

Nice one to begin with Gaurav..Keep going :)
7th July 2012

MRT - u bet!
Great coverage & couldn't agree more about MRT. Chinatown, Little India & open air markets are my favorites as well as Sentosa. Orchard Rd is over-done IMHO. Prefer Far East Plaza & open air markets.

Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0335s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb