Feckless thoughts


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore
September 2nd 2010
Published: September 2nd 2010
Edit Blog Post

On flight from Singapore to London, inspired by the well heeled by seater

09 July 2010. 01:09 -are we all not, at times, scared of familiarity and feel like running away from it. It, for some, emanates from the need to hide new thoughts from those that have been judging and might continue to judge in the old light. For some others it is just the need to do something new, break away from, well, familiarity, with the single unwavering intent of mouthing it to their fellow heeled on the return to glam land.

The latest caprice amongst the airbrushed fair is to strut their stretch, yoga for the inflexible, along side ze'bra's and 'ante'lopes in Africa. This, I was told, run up an average ticket of 5000 new global stand green backs a day - a minimum commit of, sorry, nirvana in "10 days" - which also helps in key'ne'ing out the mere cerebral enthusiasts. Am I the unlikely in wondering why? Why does one fly hours to the savannas or the saharas to chant an omkar in arid dry weather musk'ed by the droppings of the quadrupeds? Why do the cosmoyogitians draped in 'bare' essent'LV'ials tramp the land that swelled in transitory steps of the ape to the ardentest aper (and stayed that way) is editorial content of the elite gloss mags and gluttony facebookers.


For the minnows that scale the short highs and deep troughs on the drag to butter a single side of bread, the likes of me, the why is a perennial quest unfathomed. Those that charter new worlds asking for "short non-fat hot hazelnut cappuccino for here" look at the disarticulated "coffee" mongers as a type specimen of an existing animal that by choice is unfamiliar or distantly familiar and cage'able 😊


Now again why all the way to behove the unfamiliar?


Hello, are we not, not at times, but all times running from the familiar!!



Advertisement



Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 8; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0394s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb