Singapore


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore
December 27th 2005
Published: January 17th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Generally most of our trips are layovers for 24 hours, so i was fortunate to get a trip to Singapore for 3 days. I arrived in the morning and was so buggered, had to have a little nap before going out to Raffles City Shopping Mall in the afternoon. Had a look round at the shops, had something to eat, bought a few more travel guides to add to my vastly growing collection. Met up in the evening with another crew member, a really nice irish girl to go and get something to eat. We were fortunate enough that our hotel is in such a great location, opposite Chijmes which is a large complex of restaurants and bars suited to all tastes and next to the famous Raffles Hotel (Singapore's most famous landmark). We went to Raffles which looked amazing, with its marbled floors and persian rugs, but we thought it looked a bit posh and expensive for our taste, so we settled on Father Flanagans Irish Pub! Had the best meal ever, anyone who knows me will know i have a thing for shepherds pie and apple crumble so i was ecstatic to see that both were on the menu!! A couple of beers later time to hit the hay ready for a big day of sightseeing in the morning.

Advertisement



12th February 2006

Love Raffles Hotel. Did you try the bar upstairs and the curry restaurant

Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0648s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb