Hours to Thailand


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore
July 19th 2008
Published: July 19th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Greetings from the 28th floor of our hotel on the River. Where did the time go? Barely a chance to write about Kuala Lumpur and here we are leaving to Phuket in a couple of hours.

Singapore is incredibly beautiful and clean. A sharp contrast to KL. Although KL offered such a specturm of cultures that it was hard to dislike. Walking down the streets in the business district (where we stayed - Westin) we encounted everything from full black burka's, to colorful indian saris, to short mini skirts worn by the younger either Chinese or Japanese women. And of course many American looking business suits. Hopefully can upload photos when Sande downloads on to her computer. She has some fabulous photos so far!

I did my first presentation on Tuesday in KL and it went swimmingly. Again the audience was eccelectic in nationality. But the contacts are precious.

Our last morning in KL we hired a taxi for 3 hours and tried to see as many sites as possible. My favorite was an Indian temple where we got our fortunes read. It was the same message I always get....."Let GO". So, I'm working on it! We also managed to find a chocolate factory and purchased plenty to bring home for family and friends ....we'll see how much actually makes it. So we are thinking of you.....

Would I go back to KL????? As interesting as it was, it wouldn't be a destination spot......I think not. Too dirty - generally speaking and the streets are the craziest I've ever seen. They are all in circles....how people find their way around is baffeling. And we experienced that when we tried to find the Gardens on the first day.

More later, the bellhops will be here momentarily and we're off to the airport to catch a flight on SilkAir to Phuket. And that.....makes me very happy.

More on Singapore later.

Much love to you all,
Shannon

PS.....Not checking spelling so understand the errors!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.032s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0175s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb