Singapore


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore
May 8th 2008
Published: January 17th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Singapore - our flight landed at 10h30 so we made our way to passport control... I was booked through but there was a problem with Christopher's passport. It had been reported stolen on their computer. Yes it was once reported stolen, but this was in 2005 and was very much found! This is the last leg of our trip so we had already gone through 5 other countries with no problems.
We then made our way to catch a taxi to our backpackers 'The Hive', it is situated on a busy main road into town. The Hive is just outside town. I think we have therefore seen both sides of Singapore. As it is a VERY clean town in the city centre, there are also areas which are not so clean which we discovered. The first night we went for a walk through an area called Little India. I guess it is like china town but full of Indians and local stores and restaurants. ALL the side of the roads were full, had to walk through the stores or on the road to get anywhere. We had dinner at a tourist cafe - the meal was worth it but cost slightly more then the local stores.
We then made our way to Singapore night safari - what an experience - Thank you to all who recommended this! The night safari is very different to any zoo I have been to before. You arrive to join a night show which included a nature conservation talk. First an owl flew out, some wild cats, hyena and a rather large snake. The zoo has no fences - the animal are all kept in there area by natural bush and glass. So you walk up to the tiger to have a look at him and then walk a little further and you only have trees between you and the tiger. We then joined a tram ride which included a little description of all the animals.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 11; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0319s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb